Office of the Chief
A Platoon - Paul Shatraw
B Platoon - Roger Perreault
C Platoon - Paul Russell
D Platoon - Timothy Walsh
TEL: 401 765-2500
FAX: 401 767-1422
Please feel free to contact the Fire Chief or Fire Clerk by phone or email.
Attention Retirees: Please call this office if you would like to purchase a Woonsocket Fire Department "Retired" badge.
Woonsocket Fire Department (updated 12/17/08)
Fire Station #1 is located at 169 Providence Street and houses Engine Company #1, Ladder Company #1, and reserve Engine 8. Constructed in 1961, it is one of the newest stations in the City. The Engine Company is commanded by Captain Christopher Oakland and the Ladder Company by Captain Russell Cote. Engine 1 is a 1997 Luverne 1250 gpm, Ladder 1 is a 1999 American Lafrance 100’ aerial.
Headquarters Fire Station #2, built in 1926, located at 5 Cumberland Hill Road, is the largest station in the city. It houses Engine Company #2, which is a 2002 Spartan/Crimson 1250 gpm pumper commanded by Captain Daniel Bissonnette. Ladder Company #2 is a 1993 Simon Duplex/LTI 100’ aerial commanded by Captain David Souza. Rescue Company #1 is a 2003 Ford E350 Lifeline ALS response unit commanded by Capt. John Bartholomy. The administrative offices of the Fire Chief, Deputy Fire Chief, Fire Marshal, Emergency Medical Services Coordinator, Training Director, Hazardous Materials Specialist, Fire Alarm Division and Repair Division are all housed here. The last remodeling of this building was done in 1984 and dedicated to three firefighters who died in the line of duty. On January 25, 1976, Pvt. Jean Laliberte was killed in a building collapse while fighting a fire at 9 Bennett Street, and during a construction project in April, 1959, a break in the gas pipeline that ran close to the station caused an explosion in Fire Alarm that killed Gerald Chasse and Vincent Radigan. The Hamlet Avenue Bridge is also dedicated to Chasse/Radigan.
Fire Station #3 is located at 241 North Main Street and was constructed in 1926. It houses Engine Company #3, a 1995 KME 1250 gpm pumper, commanded by Captain Keith Lopes and Wayne Foresti, Rescue Company #2, a 2005 Ford E350/ Lifeline ALS unit, commanded by Rescue Captain Robert Cahill, and reserve Rescue 3, a 2003 Ford E350/Lifeline.
Fire Station #4 is located at 804 Mendon Road and was constructed in 1961 as part of the relocation of fire stations to better serve the expanding East Woonsocket neighborhood. It is a single Engine Company house commanded by Captain George O'Rourke and Captain Brian Gould. In August 2007, Engine Company #4 received a new Crimson 1250 gpm foam capable pumper which is the first apparatus to be outfitted with 4 inch large diameter hose.
All the Engine and Ladder Companies in the City of Woonsocket are Advanced Life Support Response vehicles to better serve their neighborhoods.